Leggings have become an indispensable part of young women’s style wear. The fabric proportion of leggings ensures stretchability which at same time without proper care would make leggings go out of shape. An appropriate wash care and proper storage of the leggings can make them look new. Following are some tips to make your favorite leggings last longer.
- Leggings are meant to be washed gently.
- Better to hand wash than machine wash.
- If machine wash is the only option, settings should be delicate.
- It is better to put the leggings in a mesh bag and wash in machine.
- Washing the leggings inside the mesh bag would avoid friction with other clothes and preserve the fabric of leggings for a long time.
- Never use hot water, it would result in breaking up the fabric and prints in printed leggings.
- Hot water also runs the dyes from dark coloured leggings.
- Wash the bright coloured leggings only if necessary. Run the washing with similar coloured clothes.
- Keep the wet leggings away from each other to avoid staining.
- It is better to dry the leggings naturally in air.
- Machine dryer makes it look faded after consequent washes.
- Drying flat prevents the leggings from stretching.
- On avoiding machine dryer, the life of the lycra fibre lasts longer and the shape of the legging is retained.
- Leggings when not stored properly tangles with other leggings and gets wrinkles and look like old ones.
- It is better to fold and hang them in hangers for better looks.
- Leggings can also be rolled with a thick rubber bands and stored.